Over the last two decades, much work has been done to return East Liberty's infrastructure to its original design prior to urban renewal in the 1960s. Some of those changes include the two-way conversion of Penn Circle.
The conversion is halfway complete. To further this infrastructure work, all street names that were once Penn Circle will be reverted back to their historical names prior to the urban renewal project. The following changes will be implemented:
- Penn Circle South - Centre Avenue
- Penn Circle West - N/S Euclid Avenue
- Penn Circle North - Station Street
- Penn Circle East - Centre Avenue
- Rural Street - remains as-is
- Station Street - remains as-is
- Collins Street (between Station Street and East Liberty Boulevard) - Centre Avenue
- Collins Street (north of East Liberty Boulevard) - remains as-is
- Negley Run Boulevard - remains as-is, with future expansion to Washington Boulevard possible
These changes are effective for 9-1-1 IMMEDIATELY. Street sign changes will occur Wednesday 4/9 and Thursday 4/10. For more information from the City of Pittsburgh, see their website.