East End Cooperative Ministry has opened a new Community Stress Center! The EECM Community Stress Center was created to improve the well-being of people who live in and around the East End by offering services to reduce stress and maintain physical and mental health. The Community Stress Center is now open every Tuesday and Thursday from 12-4 p.m. in East Liberty Presbyterian Church (116 S. Highland Ave.).
Here’s the Community Stress Center schedule for December:
- Thursday 12/2 1-3 p.m. : Mental Health America (MHA) will hold a workshop on the relationship between stress and diabetes. Participants will learn about the difference between stress and depression, as well as the relationship between heart disease and depression.
- Tuesday 12/7 1-2:30 p.m. : Sheba Gittens will instruct an African Dance workshop.
- Thursday 12/9 1-2 p.m.: Dr. Allan Zuckoff will present on grief and its implications.
- Tuesday 12/14 1-2:30 p.m.: Relaxation workshop instructed by Dr. Kyaien Conner.
- Thursday 12/16 1-3 p.m.: MHA will be back, presenting a session on the relationship between stress and cancer.
The EECM Community Stress Center will be closed the week of December 20th and 27th to observe the Christmas and New Years holidays.