The EECM Community Stress Center was created to improve the well-being of people who live in and around the East End by offering services to reduce stress and maintain physical and mental health. The Community Stress Center is now open every Tuesday and Thursday from 12-4 p.m. in East Liberty Presbyterian Church (116 S. Highland Ave.). Health and wellness screenings will be offered every time the Center is open. Attendees must be 18 years of age or older.
Here’s the Community Stress Center schedule for February:
- Tuesday 2/1 12-4 p.m.: Health and wellness screenings available.
- Thursday 2/3 1:30-2:30 p.m.: Attend a goal setting workshop with Michelle McMurray.
- Tuesday 2/8 12-4 p.m.: Health and wellness screenings available.
- Thursday 2/10 12-4 p.m.: Kate Showalter will conduct stretching exercises and perform back/hand massages.
- Tuesday 2/15 1-3 p.m.: Lisa Sobek will instruct a Zumba workshop.
- Thursday 2/17 1-3 p.m.: Attend workshop #2 of the MHA Community Health and Wellness Education Program! Attendees will learn about the relationship between heart disease and depression and the importance of getting treatment for both conditions at the same time.
- Tuesday 2/22 1-2 p.m.: Learn how to relax every muscle in your body! Tina Goldstein, PhD will instruct a progressive muscle relaxation workshop.
- Thursday 2/24 1-3 p.m.: Attend the final Community Health and Wellness Education workshop on the relationship between stress and cancer. Participants will learn the importance of taking care of their mental health while coping with a chronic and life-threatening health condition.