Purchase Rehab &
Homeowner Development Homes
East Liberty Development, Inc. is offering for sale vacant homes that are in need of renovation. These properties are for homeowner occupancy only. Our goal is to increase homeownership in the neighborhood and to ensure that properties are renovated in accordance with the guidelines of the community plan.
To purchase these homes, you must be either a prospective homeowner looking for purchase-rehab opportunities or a developer who will renovate properties for sale to homeowners.
All offers for purchase-rehab or homeowner development should include a development plan, scope of work, and budget. ELDI staff, board, and committees review proposals before accepting any offers.
We offer the following support to individuals and developers who are interested in purchasing and renovating these properties:
- Purchase-Rehab: We provide guidance to prospective homeowners as they go through the purchase-rehab process.
- Homeowner Development: Our “flipper program” guides developers who are renovating properties for sale to homeowners.
Move-In Condition Homes
East Liberty Development, Inc. and our partners also have move-in ready properties available for sale. Some properties may have income restrictions. This map has information about the availability of our move-in ready properties, plus contact information to learn more.
At East Liberty Development, Inc., we work with a number of partner organizations to create and maintain affordable homeownership opportunities for people in our neighborhood. These are some of our partners:
- Open Hand Ministries (OHM) works with families to educate them about personal finance, to help them become qualified for a mortgage, and to connect those who need affordable homes with homes in their neighborhood that can be rehabilitated and revitalized. ELDI and OHM partner to renovate homes for qualified buyers. For more information and to apply, visit OHM’s website at openhandpgh.org.
- Circles Greater Pittsburgh is our nonprofit partner for pre and post purchase homeownership education. Their comprehensive program works to lift individuals and families out of generational poverty.
- Some of our additional partners on affordable housing opportunities include Dollar Bank, the URA, and the Federal Home Loan Bank.
> Learn more about affordable homeownership opportunities in East Liberty.